Front Porch Chair


Our house doesn't have a front porch per se (it's a saltbox house).  But I wanted to bring a little color and interest to the area beside our front door.  Enter the old porch chair above.  I bought her at a yard sale for $2.  She already had that country/rustic look, complete with dust and cobwebs!  And was narrow enough to fit by our door without obstructing the entrance.


To add a little color, I brushed on some Valspar Atlantic Gray from my office table project.  My goal wasn't to completely paint the chair, just give it the appearance of being weathered.  I used a fine sand paper to distress the areas where the paint went on a little too heavy. 


To the back of the chair, I tied a picture frame with a piece of burlap.  The frame was a Goodwill buy from awhile ago.  It was silver originally.  I sprayed it with primer then painted it a buttercup yellow (FREE paint from Craigslist!).


A pot of petunias to complete the project!

Thanks for stopping by!


I'm sharing this front porch project with:



DIY Day @ ASPTL









 
Remodelaholic - Remodelaholic's Anonymous